Air pressure and Water pressure question

In summary, the conversation discusses the need to create 130.5 PSI of water pressure for 15-20 seconds for an espresso extraction. The speaker is unsure whether to use an air chamber or directly pressurize a chamber with water and is seeking advice on the necessary volume and equipment for achieving this.
pyzaan
Hi,
I am wondering if anyone can help me out with this, I'm looking to create 130.5 PSI of Water pressure for 15-20 seconds. If I were to pressurize an air chamber what size/volume would be required to achieve the above? Or would it be better to directly pressurize a chamber with water?

Thanks for anyones thoughts or help.
A

Engineering news on Phys.org
You will have to tell us much more: what volume of water, what are you going to do with it, what flow rate at that pressure is required, what equipment do you have access to, how much variation in pressure during the 15-20 seconds you can accept, ...

Hi Nugatory,
Thanks for such a quick response. I'm looking into a espresso extraction, so it would need to be a flow rate of 1.5-2 ounces in 15-25ish seconds and the variation pressure could be gradually lost in the end. I'm mainly looking into how small of a pressurized chamber I'd need to achieve these results in one shot, so no pump constantly increasing pressure.

I have a full metal shop at my school to mess around with, just the physics bit I am lacking.

1. What is air pressure?

Air pressure refers to the force exerted by the weight of air molecules in the Earth's atmosphere. It is typically measured in units of pressure, such as pounds per square inch (psi) or pascals (Pa).

2. How does air pressure affect weather?

Air pressure plays a crucial role in determining weather patterns. Differences in air pressure between different regions cause air to move, creating wind. High air pressure usually leads to clear skies and fair weather, while low air pressure can bring rain, storms, and other inclement weather.

3. What factors affect air pressure?

The main factors that affect air pressure include altitude, temperature, and humidity. As altitude increases, air pressure decreases due to the thinner atmosphere at higher elevations. Changes in temperature can also affect air pressure, as warm air is less dense than cold air. Humidity can also impact air pressure, as water vapor molecules displace air molecules and decrease air pressure.

4. What is water pressure?

Water pressure refers to the force exerted by the weight of water molecules in a body of water. It is typically measured in units of pressure, such as pounds per square inch (psi) or pascals (Pa). Water pressure can vary depending on the depth of the water and the density of the liquid.

5. How does water pressure change with depth?

Water pressure increases with depth due to the weight of the overlying water. For every 10 meters of depth, water pressure increases by approximately 1 atmosphere (14.7 psi). This means that at deeper depths, the pressure can become too great for humans to withstand, which is why divers must use specialized equipment to safely explore the ocean's depths.