Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Alpher Bethe Gamow: Factor characterizing the decrease of density with time

1. Jan 6, 2013 #1
    Alpher Bethe Gamow: "Factor characterizing the decrease of density with time"

Directly from the article:

http://cache.artofproblemsolving.com/texer/images/c957650eca2c34559b5fd5931bd74440410d6ee3.png [Broken]

where f(t) is a factor characterizing the decrease of the density with time.

What specifically is this f(t)? Is it just the density of the universe at time t? Where would this be available?

It seems to me that the Friedmann equation is a good place to derive this information, having both a term for density and time. However, I'm very new to cosmology.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 6, 2013 #2
    Re: Alpher Bethe Gamow: "Factor characterizing the decrease of density with time"

By the way, I know that αβγ is not a valid model for non-H/He elements, but I'm just carrying out the calculations myself.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook