1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Alternative master's degree with a bachelor in physics

1. Nov 27, 2014 #1
    I'm in my second year of my physics bachelor's (in the Netherlands) and my average score is about an 8.5. I like physics, but... I've already realized that an academic career in physics is not at all what i want to persue.
    (eg. no theoretical physics/experimental physics in a lab). Basically, within 10 years, rather than sitting at a desk all day at a university, I see myself working/doing research for a company. That's why I'm thinking about a couple of different masters degrees that still require the skills i learned (ideally, a bs in physics). I am thinking about a master that has something to do with biology (cellular level), developing drugs or medical machines or programming.

What would you advice me to do? What direction should i be looking for and what step could i already take to make the transition somehow a bit smoother (considering I have no advanced knowlegde of biology or medical sciences).

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 27, 2014 #2
    So you're interested in biomedical engineering?

4. Nov 27, 2014 #3
    So you'd rather sit at a desk all day at a company?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook