Amount of water flowing out of a small opening

  • Thread starter Thread starter Yuvanitin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Water
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
Yuvanitin
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
New poster has been reminded to show their work on schoolwork problems.
Homework Statement
Water is flowing out through a small opening. How to calculate the amount of water that has flown out of the nozzle ?
Relevant Equations
I have tried solving this problem, but I am not able to.
Homework Statement: Water is flowing out through a small opening. How to calculate the amount of water that has flown out of the nozzle ?
Homework Equations: I have tried solving this problem, but I am not able to.

none
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You are not telling us much about the problem...

Anyway if ##v## is the velocity of the water in the opening and ##S## is the cross section area of the opening then the amount of water that flows out in time ##t## is ##V=Svt##.
 
Yuvanitin said:
Homework Equations: I have tried solving this problem, but I am not able to.

none
Welcome to the PF. Please show us what you have tried so far. We cannot offer much tutorial help until we see your work. Thank you.