Amperage of 50 farads at 12 volts

  • Thread starter Thread starter ramonegumpert
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Amperage Volts
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
ramonegumpert
Messages
187
Reaction score
0
Dear Experts

If I have 50 farads at 12 v, does this mean this power bank can discharge 600amps in 1 second based on 1 farad = 1 amp per second per volt ?

Thanks for reading.

Regards
Ramone
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
ramonegumpert said:
Dear Experts

If I have 50 farads at 12 v, does this mean this power bank can discharge 600amps in 1 second based on 1 farad = 1 amp per second per volt ?

Thanks for reading.

Regards
Ramone

I get an average of [STRIKE]525A[/STRIKE] 600A, but the series [STRIKE]inductance [/STRIKE] impedance of that big of a set of capacitors would probably limit the peak discharge current.

What the heck are you wanting to build?
 
Dear Berkeman

Thanks for your advice.

I am trying to build a powerbank for an electric drill.

Thanks !

Best regards
Ramone