An astronaut has landed on Planet N-40 and conducts an experiment to

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 5K views
chemistrymole
Messages
17
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



An astronaut has landed on Planet N-40 and conducts an experiment to determine the acceleration due to gravity on that planet. She uses a simple pendulum that is 0.640 m long and measures that 10 complete oscillations 26.0 s. What is the acceleration of gravity on Planet N-40?

Homework Equations



I am not sure what to use.

The Attempt at a Solution



I tried using T=2pi square root L/g and solve for g and plugged everything in. Period T I did 26/10 so 1 period every 2.6 seconds I got g=.595 and is non of the choices.

It is this formula above. I solved for g wrong. Now I got the correct answer thank you everyone.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
There's a formula that you can use. Find the period and you should be able to solve for g.

Edit:
What formula did you get when you solved for g? I got a different answer.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1 person
axmls said:
There's a formula that you can use. Find the period and you should be able to solve for g.

Edit:
What formula did you get when you solved for g? I got a different answer.

When I caught my error I redid it and got g=(4pi^2 *L)/(T)^2
 
That should give you the correct answer.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1 person