An image is magnified by 2.50, concave mirror confusion wee

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
mr_coffee
Messages
1,613
Reaction score
1
Hello everyone< i think I'm on the right track but now I'm stuck.
Here is the problem:
A concave shaving mirror has a radius of curvature of 37.0 cm. It is positioned so that the (upright) image of a man's face is 2.50 times the size of the face. How far is the mirror from the face?

Here is my work and drawing:
http://suprfile.com/src/1/6mwvik/lastscan.jpg I'm conufsed on how I'm suppose to find the object distance if I'm not giving the image distance.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Simultaneous equations. You have both of them. Two unkowns, di and do.
 
Chi Meson said:
Simultaneous equations. You have both of them. Two unkowns, di and do.
like he said
instead of using the hi-ho (:smile:) relation find a relation between di and do.

sub into your lens equation and you're all set.
 
Awesome thanks a lot guys worked great!
11.1cm for object distance, o yes!