1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Another reu personal statement thread

1. Jan 3, 2013 #1
    I don't think anyone really likes these threads, but I could use some assistance. Could anyone offer me some criticism on my statement of purpose below, for an REU? This one is really an amalgamation of a couple of ones that I wrote for specifically for different programs, which all more of less asked me to briefly explain why I was interested in research and the fields I was interested in, as well as describing past experiences. In this way instead of posting 6 different ones, I will just absorb what I learn from this one. I am particularly concerned with the opening

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EnqonVHP8Tw1MPGPet3GTwzIRAbToMVYui7qQ20Xox4/edit

any suggestions/criticisms would be appreciated, thanks. Also let me know if you cannot access the doc

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 5, 2013 #2
    Gonna go ahead and violate the rules with this one time bump.

4. Jan 5, 2013 #3

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Don't worry, bumping once is not against the rules :tongue2:

5. Jan 7, 2013 #4
    I would totally be down to proofreading this, but I'm one of the cool kids that only has Hotmail and has no intention of getting a Google Docs account until I absolutely have to. Please feel free to PM the document to me.

6. Jan 7, 2013 #5

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

He was probably thinking of the 24-hour rule:

Do not "bump" one of your threads to the top of a forum's thread list by posting a basically empty message to it, until at least 24 hours have passed since the latest post in the thread; and then do it only once per thread.

But I congratulate him on KNOWING the rules

7. Jan 9, 2013 #6
    I responded to your message.

Anyone who was wondering - the Google doc has been taken down.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook