Answering Multiple Choice Questions on Homework

In summary, the correct answer for question 1 is option c) ELECTRIC ENERGY PER UNIT VOLUME, for question 2 it is option a) ELECTRIC FIELD, for question 3 it is option b) COVALENT, for question 4 it is option b) WHEN FORWARD BIAS IS APPLIED TO IT, for question 5 it is option c) Rectifies modulation signal, for question 6 it is option b) K BETA, for question 7 it is option b) ATOMIC OSCILLATOR CAN EMIT AND ABSORB ENERGY AT DISCRETE FREQUENCIES ONLY, for question 8 it is option a) CURIES, for question 9 it is option c) THEY HAVE
abrowaqas

Homework Statement

the capital letter option was the answer that i have chosen in my test.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

1. The areas under the hysteresis loop is proportional to
a) Magnetic energy density
b) Thermal energy per unit volume
C) ELECTRIC ENERGY PER UNIT VOLUME
d) Mechanical energy per unit volume

2. For computation of the rate at which the dipole radiates energy, the interaction of the normal component of __________ is done over sphere of radius R.
a) ELECTRIC FIELD b) pointing vector c) addition vector d) radiation

3. Semiconductor materials have _____ bonds.
a) Ionic b) COVALENT c) mutual d) metallic

4. The depletion region of a pn junction is formed:
a) During the manufacturing process
b) WHEN FORWARD BIAS IS APPLIED TO IT
c) Under reverse bias
d) When its temperature is reduced

5. Demodulation
a) Is performed at the transmitting station
b) Removes side bands
c) Rectifies modulation signal
d) IS OPPOSITE OF MODULATION

6. Which of the following x-ray lines will have the largest frequency in a given element
a) K alpha b) K BETA c) L gamma d) it depends on the element

7. Which of these statements is a consequence of Planck’s derivation of a radiation law?
a) Atomic oscillator can emit and absorb energy at discrete values only
b) ATOMIC OSCILLATOR CAN EMIT AND ABSORB ENERGY AT DISCRETE FREQUENCIES ONLY
c) Both A & B
d) None of these

8. The decay rate of a radioactivity is measured in units of
a) CURIES b) roentgens c) rads d) rems

9. Why are the fission fragments usually radioactive?
a) They come originally from radioactive U235
b) They have a large neutron excess
c) THEY HAVE A LARGE BINDING ENERGY PER NUCLEON
d) They are moving at high speed

10. In a nuclear reactor, the function of the moderator is
a) To absorb neutrons
b) To keep the reactor from going critical
c) TO SLOW DOWN THE NEUTRONS
d) To absorb heat from the core

11. What is the main difficulty associated with the fusion process as a source of electrical power
a) The scarcity of fuel
b) THE COULOMB BARRIER
c) The radioactivity of the products
d) The danger of an explosion

Physics news on Phys.org
is there anyone who answer my questions?

What is the best strategy for answering multiple choice questions on homework?

The best strategy for answering multiple choice questions on homework is to carefully read the question and all answer options before selecting an answer. It is helpful to eliminate any obviously incorrect answers and to look for keywords or clues in the question that can help guide your selection.

How can I improve my accuracy when answering multiple choice questions on homework?

To improve accuracy when answering multiple choice questions on homework, it is important to review the material thoroughly before attempting to answer the questions. Additionally, practicing with sample questions can help develop critical thinking skills and improve accuracy.

What should I do if I am unsure of the correct answer to a multiple choice question on homework?

If you are unsure of the correct answer to a multiple choice question on homework, it is best to make an educated guess rather than leaving the question blank. Use the process of elimination to eliminate any obviously incorrect answers and make a selection based on your understanding of the material.

What common mistakes should I avoid when answering multiple choice questions on homework?

Common mistakes to avoid when answering multiple choice questions on homework include selecting an answer too quickly without fully understanding the question, second-guessing yourself and changing your answer without a valid reason, and not reading all answer options carefully before making a selection.

How can I use the process of elimination to improve my success rate when answering multiple choice questions on homework?

The process of elimination involves eliminating obviously incorrect answer options to narrow down the choices and increase the chances of selecting the correct answer. This strategy can be used to improve success rates when answering multiple choice questions on homework by helping to identify the most likely correct answer from the remaining options.