Antenna Design Books: 60Hz to 100KHz Textbooks/Ref Material

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
dmorris619
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
I am looking for textbooks or reference material that will help my design a loop antenna to operate in the long wavelength spectrum(60Hz to 100KHz to be exact). I understand there is more to consider than just Faraday's law and am looking for a book that can help step me through the process of design.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
If you want just one frequency, designing it is no problem.

For example, at 100 KHz, the sides of a square loop would be 2840 ft long. That is 865 meters or over half a mile.

Building it would be a problem as it really needs to be about that same distance above the ground.

I found this site:
http://www.amateur-radio-antenna.com/magneticantennas/magneticferriteantenna1/ferriterodantennaslfm20100.php
They have ferrite antennas for receive that work from 20 KHz to 100 KHz. About 156 euros US$217. 340mm (about 1 foot) long.
 
Last edited by a moderator: