Finding antiderivative of 4−3(1+x²)⁻¹ with F(1)=0

  • Thread starter Thread starter master1425
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
master1425
Messages
5
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Find the antiderivative F of f that satisifies the given condition. Check by comparing the graphs of f and F.

f(x)=4-3(1+x^2)^-1
F(1)=0


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


So far what I attempted to do was this:

F(x)=4x -3tan^-1(x) + C
but was unsure from here on.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Ok so my F(x) is correct?

That was probably the part I needed the most assurance with.
 
master1425 said:

Homework Statement


Find the antiderivative F of f that satisifies the given condition. Check by comparing the graphs of f and F.

f(x)=4-3(1+x^2)^-1
F(1)=0


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


So far what I attempted to do was this:

F(x)=4x -3tan^-1(x) + C
but was unsure from here on.
(4x)'= 4 and
(-3 arctan(x))'= -3/(x2+1)
so what is F' ?

F(1)= 4(1)- 3arctan(1)+ C= 0. C= ?