Any good sources for Instrumentation

In summary, the conversation discusses a student's difficulty with circuit analysis labs due to lack of exposure to instrumentation in high school. They ask for recommendations for books or websites that offer an introduction to circuit instrumentation, specifically from theoretical circuits to practical tools like breadboards, voltmeters, ammeters, and scopes. The expert suggests using Google to find tutorials on oscilloscopes and voltmeters, providing a few helpful links.
vg19
Hey,

Im currently in my first year Elec Eng. Seeing how we were not exposed to much instrumentation in high school at all, I am finding some difficulity in my circuit analysis labs.

I just would like to know if you would know any good books or websites that offer an introduction to circuit instrumentation (going from theoretical circuits to the breadboard, voltmeters, ammeters, scopes etc...)

Thanks a bunch!

Engineering news on Phys.org

There are many great sources for learning about instrumentation in circuit analysis. Here are a few suggestions:

1. "Practical Electronics for Inventors" by Paul Scherz and Simon Monk - This book covers a wide range of electronic topics, including instrumentation, in a clear and easy-to-understand manner.

2. "Electronic Instrument Handbook" by Clyde F. Coombs Jr. - This comprehensive handbook covers all types of electronic instruments and their applications, making it a great resource for learning about instrumentation.

3. "All About Circuits" website - This website offers a free online textbook on electronics, which includes a section on instrumentation. It also has interactive simulations and practical examples to aid in understanding.

4. "Electronics Tutorials" website - This website has a section specifically dedicated to instrumentation, with detailed explanations and diagrams.

5. "National Instruments" website - This company offers a variety of courses, tutorials, and resources on instrumentation and measurement, with a focus on using their products.

Remember, practice makes perfect when it comes to instrumentation. Don't be afraid to experiment with different instruments and techniques in your circuit analysis labs. Good luck!

1. What is instrumentation?

Instrumentation refers to the use of devices or tools to measure, monitor, and control various physical and chemical processes. It is a crucial aspect of scientific research and engineering, as it allows for accurate data collection and analysis.

2. How do I find good sources for instrumentation?

One way to find good sources for instrumentation is to search for reputable scientific journals or publications that specialize in instrumentation. You can also consult with experts in the field or attend conferences or workshops related to instrumentation to find reliable sources.

3. Can I trust online sources for instrumentation?

While there are many reputable online sources for instrumentation, it is important to carefully evaluate the credibility and reliability of the source before using the information. Look for sources from reputable organizations or institutions and check for references or citations to ensure the accuracy of the information.

4. What are some common types of instrumentation used in scientific research?

Some common types of instrumentation used in scientific research include sensors, meters, spectrometers, chromatographs, and oscilloscopes. These tools can be used to measure and analyze various parameters such as temperature, pressure, pH, and chemical composition.

5. How important is calibration in instrumentation?

Calibration is a critical aspect of instrumentation, as it ensures the accuracy and reliability of the data collected. It involves comparing the measurements taken by an instrument to a known standard and making any necessary adjustments to ensure the instrument is providing accurate readings.