Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Any good Thermodynamics resources?

1. Oct 14, 2012 #1
    Hey guys, I should have posted here near the beginning of the semester. I'm in a Thermo class in a Mechanical Engineering program. I'm having a horrible time understanding the material. It doesn't seem difficult, but for some reason it's just not clicking. The textbook is extremely obtuse and my professor is not very helpful either. In all my other classes, I was able to supplement with online study via Khan Academy, structurefree (youtube) or others.

Does anyone have ANY suggestions for materials that are concise and basic?

The text book assigned is Fundamentals of Thermodynamics 7th Ed by Borgnakke

Thanks for any help
    Luke

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 15, 2012 #2

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you're looking for a better text book, I would recommend Fundamentals of Engineering Thermodynamics by Moran & Shapiro. I've found it to be a good book and great reference since I've graduated.

There's also no substitute for a study group, I would highly recommend you form one so you and a few classmates can work through the classwork together. I always did better in classes I had other study mates to share the misery with ;-)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook