Any good websites for learning Java?

In summary, there are several good websites for learning Java, including processing.org, tutorialspoint.com, Head First Java, and codingbat. For learning Android specifically, resources such as Treehouse and YouTube are recommended. Additionally, other resources such as math.hws.edu, people.cs.vt.edu, and introcs.cs.princeton.edu are worth considering. It is beneficial to have multiple sources for learning Java.
Math10
I want to develop an Android app but I need to learn Java first. What are some good websites to learn Java?

Technology news on Phys.org
Check out the processing.org website. You can learn by doing using the processing IDE.

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/tutorialslibrary.htm this is the place from where I used to learn Java, however there aren't any challenges, and I had some experience with C before I used to learn Java. If you don't have any perior experience with programming I would recommend you Head First Java. However you said you want to learn Android, after learning the basics of the language, learn algorithms and design patterns, java is perfect language for learning those two and believe me you will need it. To add that android is complex system, you will need to learn a lot of things about it, before start programming.

Likes Math10
Thank you for the info.

Codingbat is great for quick java problems and practicing your problem solving abilities. For learning Android specifically, I highly recommended checking out Treehouse (team treehouse.com). Their UI is great and the app is awesome. Also, YouTube is your friend.

Thank you for the extra info.

Thank you for the info!

1. What are some good websites for learning Java?

Some popular websites for learning Java include Codecademy, Udemy, Coursera, and Oracle's official Java Tutorial website.

2. Are there any free websites for learning Java?

Yes, there are many free websites for learning Java such as Codecademy, W3Schools, and Java Tutorials by Oracle.

3. Can I learn Java online?

Yes, there are many online resources for learning Java including video tutorials, interactive courses, and coding challenges. It is possible to learn Java entirely online.

4. How do I know if a website is good for learning Java?

A good website for learning Java should have clear and easy-to-follow explanations, interactive exercises, and a variety of resources such as videos, quizzes, and coding challenges. It should also have positive reviews and a strong reputation within the programming community.

5. Are there any websites specifically for beginners learning Java?

Yes, there are websites specifically designed for beginners learning Java such as Codecademy, SoloLearn, and LearnJavaOnline.org. These websites often have step-by-step lessons and a supportive community to help beginners get started with Java programming.