What are some good websites for learning programming languages?

In summary, The conversation discusses the website Codecademy.org and its lack of quality for learning HTML/CSS. The participants also inquire about other good websites for learning web development and ask if Java is the ideal programming language for creating free mobile apps on iOS. It is suggested that w3schools.com is a helpful resource for web development and that Objective C is the primary language used for iOS app development, not Java. The conversation also mentions the use of Game Maker for game development on iOS.
Math10
Codecademy.org is not a good website. What are some good websites to learn HTML/CSS? Also, is Java the programming language to learn if you want to make free mobile apps on iOS?

Technology news on Phys.org
http://www.w3schools.com/

You can learn a lot of really awesome things for website's, as well as languages and scripting that help web development.

I second what elusiveshame said about w3schools.com. As far as writing apps for iOS, I believe that the language most often used is Objective C, not Java. I'm not at all involved in anything Apple, so I could be wrong about this.

I believe you're right about iOS development. I don't think java is available on iOS, much like flash isn't supported either. At least I've never seen java being used on iOS, so take that for what it is :p

If you're looking for game dev on iOS, I believe Game Maker exports to iOS (as well as psn), but I haven't done anything in it yet (will be soon, though)

There are many good websites for learning programming languages, and it ultimately depends on the individual's learning style and goals. Some popular options include Coursera, Udemy, and Udacity. Additionally, websites such as W3Schools and Stack Overflow offer comprehensive resources and forums for learning and troubleshooting specific programming languages.

As for learning HTML/CSS specifically, some highly recommended websites include Codeacademy, FreeCodeCamp, and HTML Dog. These websites offer interactive lessons and projects for beginners to learn and practice HTML and CSS.

Java is a popular programming language for developing mobile apps on iOS, but it is not the only option. Other languages such as Swift and Objective-C are also commonly used. It is important to do some research and consider the specific requirements and features of your desired app before deciding on a programming language to learn.

1. What are some popular websites for learning programming languages?

Some popular websites for learning programming languages include Codeacademy, Coursera, Udemy, W3Schools, and FreeCodeCamp.

2. Are these websites suitable for beginners?

Yes, all of the websites listed above offer courses and resources for beginners. They often have introductory courses and tutorials for those who are new to programming languages.

3. Are these websites free to use?

Some of the websites listed above, such as Codeacademy and W3Schools, offer free courses and resources. However, others may require a fee for access to certain courses or materials.

4. Can I learn multiple programming languages on these websites?

Yes, most of these websites offer courses and resources for multiple programming languages. Some may even have tracks or paths for learning multiple languages in a specific order.

5. Can I receive a certification for completing courses on these websites?

Some of these websites, such as Coursera and Udemy, offer certifications upon completion of certain courses. However, others may not offer formal certifications but can still provide valuable learning experiences and resources.