Any program to deteted web page update?

In summary, the conversation discusses the desire to monitor web pages for updates and news without having to manually check each time. The issue of server load is mentioned and it is suggested to use webpages designed for this purpose or an extension such as Update Scanner. The conversation ends with a recommendation to use the extension and a caution to be wary of any potentially harmful extensions on the website.
zyh
HI, I want to monitor some web page to see if it hase updated or hase some news. every time , I should open the webpage in web explorer, time and time again, I feel boring. some websites suupport RSS, but others don't. So, is there any programs can do this checking?

Thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Its not hard to write one yourself. However I wouldn't recommend it as it increases server load. If the server can't support RSS, there isn't much you could do, but check it manually.

Some sites have designed webpages that allow for this sort of thing; which gives parsing friendly output and really condense content striped of html and more things mostly to reduce load of the server.

Thank you! Four, I'd follow your advice, and check it manually.

Spread the word.You may be looking for this.A mozdev extension.Simply query for update scanner extension
or
http://updatescanner.mozdev.org/en/help.html
to my best knowledge it is a clean ext.But you my check mozdev for vulnerable or nasty ext.

Thanks hakan for your reply, but I think I have time to test it, because I'm now using IE, but the updatescanner is for firefox.

1. How does the program detect web page updates?

The program uses algorithms to compare the current version of the webpage to its previous version. It looks for changes in the HTML code, text content, or URL of the page to determine if an update has occurred.

2. Can the program detect updates on all types of web pages?

Yes, the program is designed to detect updates on all types of web pages, including static and dynamic pages. However, there may be limitations depending on the complexity of the website's structure and coding.

3. How often does the program check for updates?

The frequency of updates depends on the settings chosen by the user. The program can be set to check for updates every few minutes, hours, or days. It can also be set to only check for updates on specific days of the week.

4. Can the program detect changes in images or videos on the webpage?

Yes, the program can detect changes in images or videos on the webpage as long as they are embedded using HTML code. However, changes in media files that are linked externally may not be detected.

5. Is the program reliable in detecting all updates on a webpage?

The program is designed to detect updates accurately, but there may be instances where it misses certain updates due to technical limitations. It is recommended to manually check for updates as well to ensure accuracy.