Anybody here applied for conference travel grants ?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
rogerharris
Messages
125
Reaction score
0
Got an ok to do a poster presentation at a neuroscience conference in Honk Kong. I am not sure whether my budget can stretch. I heard that grants are available which will cover half these costs.

Anybody know anything about these grants, if traveling from Britain ?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Various sources to try (in order).
Your dept (I assume you a grad student?) normally giving a talk/poster is a requirement to get funding.
Your research council
Your university
College (oxbridge by any chance ?)

Then you can see if the conference has any grants - if it is being run by a well funded industry/international body it might have.

There are also a few general charities that award grants, your university should have a directory/someone that knows about them.