Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Anybody tried solving Riemann Hypothesis?

1. Dec 15, 2005 #1
    Just wondering if any of the posters seriously tried solving Riemann Hypothesis. And if yes, then what kinds of problems did you run into?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 15, 2005 #2
    I came up with a really good proof of it, but I was doing it in the margin of a paper and I ran out of room, so I couldn't write it down.

4. Dec 15, 2005 #3

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

You said it all wrong. :tongue2:

5. Dec 15, 2005 #4

benorin

Homework Helper

My prof. said, "Oh yeah, third time is the charm."

6. Dec 15, 2005 #5
    If ya want a good source for -info- on the Riemann Hypothesis, check Here As I'm not as advanced as I'd like to even be able to read that, I'm 90% sure that's a very good source for the info, as well as the Java Applet :approve:

Steve

7. Dec 15, 2005 #6
    This is unrelated, but one every one of my exam booklets (the math department use the same booklets for every course), in front, written boldface, are the words "do not write in the margin". I wonder if some prankster did something in any of the previous years that caused them to print that:rofl:

8. Dec 16, 2005 #7

shmoe

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

A less glamorous option is that they may use the space for marking purposes.

I started to prove RH by showing one by one all the zeros were on the critical line. I showed the first 5 were, then my crayon broke and I had to give up.

9. Dec 16, 2005 #8
    Well, that's no fun.

10. Dec 17, 2005 #9
    i was waiting at my school's bus station when i came up with a proof, but unfortunately my bus was leaving & i couldn't write it down in time.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2005
  11. Dec 17, 2005 #10
    my dog ate my proof.

12. Dec 17, 2005 #11
    Actually, that was me. Sorry.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?