Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aerospace Anyone have (or know where to get) Pt6a engine deck?

1. Jan 13, 2012 #1
    Does anyone know where to get an engine deck for a pt6a. I know a lot of that information is proprietary but i need one nevertheless. For those of you who don't know what an engine deck is. It gives you thrust specific fuel consumption and power lapse (thrust lapse is for a turbojet and a pt6a is a turboprop) for various altitudes, mach numbers, and throttle settings. I am in Aircraft Design and this is killing me.

Thanks,
    Aeroguy

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 13, 2012 #2

AlephZero

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

If you mean the same as what we used to call "performance decks", the only official place to get them is the engine manufacturer. Pratt & Whitney Canada are still advertising the pt6a so if you have a legitimate need I would contact them directly.

NB the PWC website says there are "more than 65 models" of the engine with a wide range of power outputs, so your request will be more credible if you can be specific about what you actually want (and why you want it.)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook