Anything other than matter and space

  • Thread starter Thread starter Avichal
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Matter Space
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Avichal
Messages
294
Reaction score
0
Everything in our universe can be said to be matter, universe or rules that govern it.
So can you think of something other than that which a universe can have? (I'm not even sure if I understand this question but still)
I know it's hard for us to think of something that we do not know but can we have something other that matter, space and rules that govern them.

I'm not really writing a sci-fi novel/movie but I suppose this question best fits here.
Also hope my question makes sense!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
This thread does not meet the science fiction and fantasy forum rules
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=680313

This forum is for the discussion of science fiction and fantasy stories.

Discussions of the internal workings of a fictional universe are allowed but any attempt to discuss speculative fiction ideas with regard to the real world is not. For example: discussing the pros/cons/handwavium of a fictional technology with regards to a plot is perfectly ok but asking how such technology could be built in the real world and what the ramifications would be is not. This is a grey area and mentors reserve the right to close a thread when they think it violates this rule.

Members are advised to particularly take care during the discusson of near-future and hard science fiction; ensure a clear distinction between real science and speculative fiction. Personal theories are strictly not allowed.

The global guidelines are still in effect. This applies in particular the forbidden topic list: https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=3929007&postcount=2 Any obvious crackpottery and links to crackpot sites will be deleted.