Application of Theory in Inclined Planes

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter page123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Application Theory
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
page123
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Say I have to consider a situation like this:

Ve8Ag.png


Say there are tensions (all the same) on each one and forces of gravity (different) on each one. Would the coordinate system there apply to each one in reference to their forces?

In other words for the first mass, would Fnet = T - Fg1? For the second, Fnet = T - Fg2? For the third, Fnet = T - Fg3? I tried this and I did not get the right answer

Say I have to consider another situation - two inclined planes and an objected from from the first to the second:

YYsbz.png


Would the rotated coordinate system there apply to each force on an object that moves on these planes? In other words, would the Fgx on the left be + and the Fgx on the right be - according to that system?
 
Physics news on Phys.org