Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Applications of electromagnetic radiation

1. Jul 1, 2013 #1
    I’m searching for a book about the applications of electromagnetic radiation. A more specific topic I’m interested in is radio antennas but I’m searching for a book concerning more than 3 different applications (eg X-rays, microwave ovens and radio antennas). It should include equations and the difficulty should be appropriate for a 2nd year physics student (at a UK university). I’d be happy with any appropriate suggestion.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 1, 2013 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

4. Jul 2, 2013 #3
    Thanks, ZapperZ.
    Could you please post a link about any specific application of synchrotron light sources?
    Also could you suggest any book about this and other applications of electromagnetic radiation?

5. Jul 2, 2013 #4

phyzguy

Science Advisor

I wonder if you can think of any useful device that doesn't use electromagnetic radiation in some form. The number of applications of electromagnetic radiation are enormous.

6. Jul 9, 2013 #5
    I agree with that but could you please propose any specific book about any application?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook