Applying for physics REU program, resume help?

In summary, when applying for an undergraduate research program at FSU's High Magnetic Field Laboratory, a resume is required. If you have never made a resume before, it may be helpful to include your name and contact details, educational history, research experience, and relevant work history. It is recommended to keep the resume to no more than two pages and to prioritize information related to your objective, education, and research experience. Personal qualities, awards, and other interests can be included if there is enough space.
Ken-Ken
I'm a junior undergrad who is applying for a REU (Research Experience for Undergraduates) program at FSU's High Magnetic Field Laboratory, and in my application it requires a resume. I've never made a resume before, not even for my job, so I'm unsure of what to do. I've looked at resumes for different businesses, but I am not sure if this is the type of resume I should make for an academic program. Any tips?
(Also, I apologize if this is in the wrong category.)

Physics news on Phys.org
For undergrad research? In the order I would use:

1. Name, contact details
2. Educational history
3. Research Experience
4. Work history (explain duties, focus on those relevant to your application)
5. Work experience
4. Awards etc
5. Personal qualities
6. Other interests

It should be NO MORE THAN TWO PAGES. If you run out of space, shorten (or skip) the last 3 parts.

Put your objective,educational details along with the job summary and experience that you have in research area.

What is an REU program?

An REU (Research Experience for Undergraduates) program is a competitive summer research program that provides undergraduate students with the opportunity to work on a research project in their field of interest. These programs are typically sponsored by the National Science Foundation (NSF) and aim to provide students with hands-on research experience, as well as networking and professional development opportunities.

What are the benefits of participating in an REU program?

Participating in an REU program can provide numerous benefits for undergraduate students, including:

• Hands-on experience in conducting scientific research
  • Networking opportunities with faculty and other students in the field
  • Enhanced understanding of a specific topic within the field of physics
  • Professional development and skills building
  • Potential for publication or presentation of research findings

How can I find REU programs to apply for?

The NSF maintains a comprehensive list of REU programs on their website. You can also check with your university's physics department or career center for potential opportunities. Additionally, attending conferences and networking with professors and graduate students in your field can also lead to potential REU programs.

What should I include in my resume for an REU program application?

When applying for an REU program, your resume should highlight your academic achievements, research experience (if any), relevant coursework, and any other relevant experiences or skills. It is also important to tailor your resume to the specific program and emphasize your interest and qualifications in the field of physics.

How can I make my resume stand out for an REU program application?

To make your resume stand out for an REU program application, consider including any relevant publications, presentations, or awards you have received. Additionally, highlighting any specific skills or experiences that align with the research focus of the program can also make your resume stand out. It is also important to proofread and have someone else review your resume before submitting to ensure it is error-free and effectively highlights your qualifications.