Applying the time-independent Schrödinger equation to a 1D harmonic oscillator

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
aliz_khanz
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
I Have a brief idea about the equation and i have searched the web for its application to one dimensional harmonic oscillator but no use. Any Help Would Be Welcomed Especially about the latter:smile:
 
Physics news on Phys.org


aliz_khanz said:
I Have a brief idea about the equation and i have searched the web for its application to one dimensional harmonic oscillator but no use. Any Help Would Be Welcomed Especially about the latter:smile:

Well, I am happy to help you with your web search. Here are some relevant links ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introduction_to_quantum_mechanics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schrödinger_equation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_harmonic_oscillator

I will also be happy to answer any specific questions you might have about their content, after you have read them. Good luck!
 


I am very grateful to both of you. Actually I was expecting the application to one dimension harmonic oscillator to be theoratical only. You guys set me straight , thanks again for the help ! :) God Bless u guys always ! :)