Archimedes principle and relativity

• Thread starter zarei
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Is there any relativistic version for Archimedes principle?

Answers and Replies

Danger
Gold Member
I suppose such might exist if you want to get really weird about it, but relativistic effects have essentially no bearing upon any kind of Earth-bound fluid action. How often does something at a speed approaching c fall into a bathtub?

Suppose instesd of mass we use energy and our fliud be a relativistic perfect fluid.

Danger
Gold Member
Suppose instesd of mass we use energy and our fliud be a relativistic perfect fluid.
That sort of negates the original question, since such can't exist. I'm getting out of my depth here, so I'm going to wait for someone with a better education to respond.

wouldn' t is kinda be hard for the energy to displace the water? o_O then again, i'm not einstein so i dunno.

gravity = archimedes principle.

the fabric of spacetime replaces the water in this pple. in the universe there is no up or down, therefore the buyoyancy pressure takes place everywhere around matter until matter becomes spherical.

Bill_K
Science Advisor
Insights Author
One needs an analog of Archimedes' Principle to discuss hydrostatic equilibrium in the interior of a neutron star.