Are Cover Versions Better Than the Originals?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DiracPool
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    even
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
167 replies · 31K views
An emotional yet corporate-positive rendering of U2:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
micromass said:
Awesome! I will be playing this song on the next full moon, when we sacrifice a person to the Lord Satan.
Who will you sacrifice? A physicist?
 
A geeky cover of "I will survive":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9dpTTpjymE

(A trained eye will of course see immediately that these people are not mathematicians since they're using Stewart)
 
jbunniii said:
Who will you sacrifice? A physicist?

I said a person. So clearly physicists don't qualify...
 
micromass said:
Think nobody can sing the beatles like the beatles?? Then check out this cover of [STRIKE]Letter B[/STRIKE] Let It Be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvPugOWeZiA

OMG, this is our first line of defense?! That's it, I'm moving to Sweden..
 
micromass said:
I said a person. So clearly physicists don't qualify...
You're just jealous because you can't use Einstein summation in your daily work. It's ok, I'm here to help you through this.
 
Of course Wing's fabulous cover of The Beatles has to be in here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0690V_-ypBw
 
micromass said:
Awesome! I will be playing this song on the next full moon, when we sacrifice a person to the Lord Satan.

Upon hearing that "song", Lord Satan will be regurgitating your sacrifice. That goat's going to spit out one big bezoar. :smile:
 
jbunniii said:
Pat Boone's electrifying take on "Smoke on the Water"



"It died with an awful sound."

'Nuff said. :rolleyes:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Micromass, I know you are on the supreme court of physics forums, but I am appealing to you to RECUSE yourself of this thread and start another one, perhaps entitled, "Even worse than the real thing."
 
And then there is Avril Lavigne's touching performance of imagine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJrwTgFt3Ek
 
micromass said:
Of course Wing's fabulous cover of The Beatles has to be in here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0690V_-ypBw

Micromass, I know you are on the supreme court of physics forums, but I am appealing to you to RECUSE yourself of this thread and start another one, perhaps entitled, "Even worse than the real thing."
 
Some old guys doing a horrible, horrible cover of one of the best songs ever made by Justin Beiber
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXcNQTa3zgs
 
What the hell? Is that actually real? I mean I knew Britney Spears was trash and the scum of the singing world but to have the audacity to cover a Stones song not to mention one of their best...god my ears are bleeding
 
DiracPool said:
Micromass, I know you are on the supreme court of physics forums, but I am appealing to you to RECUSE yourself of this thread and start another one, perhaps entitled, "Even worse than the real thing."

*Gasp* You don't like wing?
 
micromass said:
The Rolling Stones are nothing compared to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sutk4BDorXg


I used to love to hate Britney Spears and her "kind" until I saw this video..Not the big one on the screen but THIS one...



Then I started ordering more peanuts on my flights and asking the stewardesses what "mile high club" meant.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't call it better than the real thing, but it's cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a41bERTFBUI
 
I think I've fallen madly in love again >.<

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEe9sXO1M-I
 
WannabeNewton said:
I think I've fallen madly in love again >.<


You said that would never happen again, you FRAUD!