Are the Resistors in a Parallel Circuit and is 3.50 A the Total Current?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 6K views
Soaring Crane
Messages
461
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



In the circuit shown in the figure, the rate at which R1 is dissipating electrical energy is 20.0 W.

yf_Figure_26_381.jpg


I just have questions about the circuit's setup. The resistors are arranged in a parallel circuit?

As for the purple arrows, is 2.00 A I_1 and 3.50 A the total current in the circuit?

Homework Equations



See below.

The Attempt at a Solution



This is just a preliminary question. I shall post my workings at a later time if I am baffled by the questions associated with the figure.

Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Soaring Crane said:
I just have questions about the circuit's setup. The resistors are arranged in a parallel circuit?
Yes, the resistors are in parallel.

As for the purple arrows, is 2.00 A I_1 and 3.50 A the total current in the circuit?
That's how I would interpret them.