Area of portion of this figure

In summary, the conversation discusses finding the area of a portion of a figure with a parabolic curve. The participants ask for clarification on the figure and the use of certain equations, and share a link to a video for further explanation. The conversation ends with a request for confirmation on the problem.
Mathematics news on Phys.org
welcome to pf!

hi maan143! welcome to pf! :wink:

Show us what you've tried, and where you're stuck, and then we'll know how to help! :smile:

Is the point A supposed to be the vertex? If not, the problem is unworkable and if so the picture should show a slope of 0 at A.

Thanx. for ur replies.

mmm... actually I wanted to make it as simple as possible, so I drew this figure for easy understanding of the prob.

okay! here's the link, www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVKf6hZfrhA&feature=related

just seek upto 25:24
why did he take 1/3 * 0.45fck * 0.57x
Why not 1/6 * 0.45fck * 0.57x

where, 0.45fck = 5 (in previous thread figure)
0.57x = 6 (in previous thread figure)
0.43x = 4 (in previous thread figure)and don't worry (consider) 'b' in the youtube video, coz we are considering only area (2-D)Now did I make the prob. clear to you guys and let me know, if I didn't .

Thanx. again.

To find the area of this portion of the figure, we will need to use the mathematical concept of integration. Since the curve is parabolic, we can use the formula for the area under a parabola, which is 1/3 times the base times the height. In this case, the base would be the width of the portion of the figure and the height would be the highest point of the curve. We can also divide the portion of the figure into smaller rectangles and use the formula for the area of a rectangle (length times width) to get a more accurate estimate of the area. It's important to note that the units of measurement used for the length and width will determine the units of the final answer for the area. Overall, finding the area of this portion of the figure will require using mathematical techniques and accurately measuring the dimensions of the figure.

What is the formula for finding the area of a portion of a figure?

The formula for finding the area of a portion of a figure depends on the shape of the figure. Some common area formulas include A = bh for a rectangle, A = πr^2 for a circle, and A = 1/2bh for a triangle.

Can I use the same formula for finding the area of a portion of any figure?

No, the formula for finding the area of a portion of a figure depends on the shape of the figure. Different shapes have different area formulas.

How do I determine what portion of the figure I need to find the area of?

You can determine the portion of the figure by looking at the given information or instructions. It might be labeled or described in the problem. If not, you can use a ruler or protractor to measure the portion of the figure.

Do I need to convert units when finding the area of a portion of a figure?

Yes, it is important to make sure that all measurements are in the same units before using the area formula. If not, you will need to convert the units to ensure accuracy in your calculation.

What are some real-life applications of finding the area of a portion of a figure?

Finding the area of a portion of a figure is useful in a variety of fields, such as architecture, engineering, and construction. It can also be used in everyday tasks such as calculating the area of a garden or a room for flooring or paint. Additionally, finding the area of a portion of a figure is necessary for many geometric and calculus problems.