Area of portion of this figure

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter maan143
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Area Figure
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Physics news on Phys.org
welcome to pf!

hi maan143! welcome to pf! :wink:

Show us what you've tried, and where you're stuck, and then we'll know how to help! :smile:
 
Is the point A supposed to be the vertex? If not, the problem is unworkable and if so the picture should show a slope of 0 at A.
 
Thanx. for ur replies.

mmm... actually I wanted to make it as simple as possible, so I drew this figure for easy understanding of the prob.

okay! here's the link, www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVKf6hZfrhA&feature=related

just seek upto 25:24
why did he take 1/3 * 0.45fck * 0.57x
Why not 1/6 * 0.45fck * 0.57x

where, 0.45fck = 5 (in previous thread figure)
0.57x = 6 (in previous thread figure)
0.43x = 4 (in previous thread figure)and don't worry (consider) 'b' in the youtube video, coz we are considering only area (2-D)Now did I make the prob. clear to you guys and let me know, if I didn't .

Thanx. again.