Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Asking for guidance on the physics of light spectrum

1. Oct 28, 2014 #1
    Hi guys,

My name is Maher, and I am not new to physics...I am specialized in Soil physics and mechanics...However, I have recently developed an interest in light physics...

I am searching for a book or articles on Ultraviolet, in particular the separation and intensification of the Ultraviolet...In other words, I am seeking a reference for Ultraviolet separation from the light spectrum (sun light) and also references on methods to intensify the produced Ultraviolet rays..

Thanks in advance for your kind replies...

Best regards,
    Maher

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 29, 2014 #2
    Come on guys!

20 views and non of you can help?!

4. Oct 29, 2014 #3

Danger

Gold Member

Sorry about that, but sometimes things have to be researched before an answer can be given. That can take a while. In my case, I have not done so because this is the first time that I've seen this thread. Also, I know nothing about the subject.
    It seems to me that you are trying to either make a UV laser (but not by actual lasing) or induce skin cancer in someone that you don't like, but that's just because my mind works in peculiar ways.
    Someone educated in this field will likely be along shortly. Just be patient.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook