1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Astrophysicist vs aerospace engineer

1. May 27, 2015 #1
    Hi..

Please guide me what to do..
    I am from India where Astrophysicists are not much neither they have importance.
    70% of them are jobless.

I want to explore how space works and all things related.
    But I belong to a middle class family and fear that if i became jobless I will suffer with my family.

So, 2 years before when i was in 10th, I left the idea and tried to study to get admission into indian institutes of technologies (IIT) where I could do aerospace engineering.

I seriously want to contribute to the humankind.
    What should i do?
    Should I do aerospace engineering or continue with my tough journey of astophysics?

2. jcsd
  3. May 27, 2015 #2
    i am also from India and preparing for iit and my dream is to become a mechatronics engineer but that is not very well available in india. i cannot even afford to study abroad so my plan is to do electronics engineer and after that job and distance education so he thing to understand is that we have to fight with our problems.
    The ans. to your ques is decide yourself and move towards your interest not towards money and think that even now the physicists are remembered and they are the most famous people born on earth ever.
    If you will run towards money you will not be able to do that you can do. Believe in yourself.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook