What's the job market for astrophysics with a master's degree?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AaromTheBritt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Astrophysics Jobs
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
AaromTheBritt
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
So currently what I'm interested in is astrophysics and plan on getting my masters. I'd like the input of anyone with experience in the field. Whats the job market for astrophysics like? What type of jobs are available? What companies would I be wanting to look at if I wanted a research job? Is there anywhere that would offer good intern positions? I realize I could find some of this information on google, but I'd much rather hear from someone who has experience who could give me a bit of guidance. Any info is greatly appreciated
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What kind of work, specifically, do you think of as "astrophysics"? To me, it means studying things like the structure and evolution of stars, planets, planetary systems, galaxies etc. That sort of thing goes on almost exclusively at universities and maybe some government institutes, not in industry, as far as I know.
 
Last edited: