Audio question about black hole

In summary, the lightpaths in this image are simply straight lines at a 45-degree angle to the vertical.
Ryan Walsh
I was wondering if someone can help explain to me what is happening in the image.
Black holes have Light paths or something

so i read here more accurate description is that within this horizon, all lightlike paths (paths that light could take) and hence all paths in the forward light cones of particles within the horizon, are warped so as to fall farther into the hole

I was wondering in this image if that is what the lightpaths are

this is a Mp3 file of a black hole

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, if someone uploads video/mp3 like this on youtube, and names it "blackhole", it doesn't mean it has anything to do with a black hole. You can safely ignore both, the audio and the visual part of this video.

Ryan Walsh said:
I was wondering in this image if that is what the lightpaths are
The lightpaths (and the paths of infalling objects) can look like pretty much anything, depending on what coordinates you are using. Thus, the first step has to be to label your coordinate axes: what does it mean to have a line moving upwards in the diagram? What does it mean to have a line moving to the right in the diagram?

If we use Kruskal coordinates, the lightpaths are straight lines at a 45-degree angle to the vertical (and understanding what a Kruskal diagram is showing you is one of the best ways of understanding what's really going on around the event horizon). If we use Schwarzschild coordinates, the path of a flash of light moving towards the black hole from outside starts as (almost) a 45 degree line that bends upwards so that it he's closer and closer to the event horizon but never gets there: the path of a light starting inside the event horizon is always slanted sideways pointing away from the vertical line representing the horizon and towards the vertical line representing the singularity at ##t=0##.

Thanks Nugatory I shall look into that. Although Probably won't understand much. I am still highly curious about so said files

well i got few more videos

also a 3d spectra of it

1. What is a black hole?

A black hole is a region of space where the gravitational pull is so strong that nothing, including light, can escape from it. It is formed when a massive star dies and collapses under its own gravity.

2. How do black holes affect sound?

Black holes do not affect sound as sound waves cannot travel through space. However, the intense gravitational pull of a black hole can cause a phenomenon called gravitational lensing, which can distort the path of light and other electromagnetic waves, including radio waves.

3. Can we hear a black hole?

No, we cannot hear a black hole as there is no medium for sound to travel through in the vacuum of space. However, scientists have detected gravitational waves, which are ripples in space-time, created by the merging of two black holes. These waves can be "heard" using special equipment.

4. How do scientists study black holes?

Scientists study black holes using various methods such as observing the effects of their gravitational pull on surrounding matter and light, detecting their emissions of X-rays and other forms of radiation, and using mathematical models and simulations.

5. Can anything escape a black hole?

Anything that crosses the event horizon, the point of no return, of a black hole is unable to escape its gravitational pull. However, in the case of a rotating black hole, there is a theoretical possibility of an object entering and exiting the black hole through a tunnel-like structure called a "wormhole". This has not been observed or proven yet.