1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Basic electric field plates question - almost finished.

1. Oct 15, 2009 #1
    Hi everyone,

I've been running through past Physics papers, and thought that i'd get you guys to check the answers just to make sure that i've done it correctly.

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/1506/img008v.jpg [Broken]

Question 6: Answer I have is C, using right hand rule for both conductor and coil.
    Question 7: I have A as the answer, as the field lines are closer together in the left diagram. However, this is the question I wasn't sure about. The second diagram could just be a zoomed-in view of the first, so in reality the charge is still in the same position relative to the parallel plates. Am I worrying too much, or am I wrong?

Question 8: Lights draw less current than most appliances... true, so it must be B.

Thanks in advance to everyone who points out any problems/checks answers for me! ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 16, 2009 #2

ideasrule

Homework Helper

All your answers are correct. For question 7, don't worry about zooming in. When you have two electric field diagrams and the density of field lines is different, the intent is always to portray a difference in electric field intensity.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook