Best Non-Calculus General Physics Book

In summary, the individual is currently taking AP Physics B but feels that their teacher is not teaching the class effectively. They are looking for in-depth physics resources that do not require knowledge of calculus, as they are already taking AP Calculus AB. They have the Fundamentals of Physics 8th edition and University Physics with Modern Science 12th edition textbooks but are not satisfied with them. They are seeking recommendations for general physics books that provide detailed explanations and problem solutions. They are also considering the Feynman lectures, despite the presence of calculus, as an alternative to traditional textbooks. They are open to any other book suggestions as well.
MrMumbleX
I am currently taking AP Physics B, and my teacher doesn't really teach the class. I really want to learn in depth physics that doesn't include calculus (even though I am taking AP Calculus AB right now). I have the Fundamentals of Physics 8th edition and University Physics with Modern Science 12th edition textbooks, but I don't really like them. So would anyone please suggest some good general physics books that are very in depth or detailed in explanations of concepts and problem solutions, and does not require knowledge of calculus? Would the Feynman lectures fit the mentioned conditions or would be good to look at anyway?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
There is calculus in the book but if you don't like the traditional books perhaps Feynman lectures would help.

Any other book suggestions?

1. What is the best non-calculus general physics book for beginners?

The best non-calculus general physics book for beginners is "Concepts of Physics" by H.C. Verma. It provides a comprehensive understanding of the basic principles of physics without the use of calculus.

2. Is "Fundamentals of Physics" by Halliday and Resnick a good non-calculus option?

Yes, "Fundamentals of Physics" by Halliday and Resnick is a good option for those looking for a non-calculus general physics book. It covers all the essential topics in a clear and concise manner.

3. Can I use a non-calculus general physics book for advanced studies?

While non-calculus general physics books are great for beginners, they may not cover advanced topics in depth. It is best to switch to a calculus-based book for advanced studies in physics.

4. Are there any online resources that can supplement a non-calculus general physics book?

Yes, there are many online resources such as Khan Academy, Physics Classroom, and HyperPhysics that can supplement a non-calculus general physics book. These resources provide interactive lessons, practice problems, and simulations to enhance understanding.

5. What are some important factors to consider when choosing a non-calculus general physics book?

Some important factors to consider when choosing a non-calculus general physics book include the author's qualifications, clarity of explanations, relevance to your level of understanding, and availability of practice problems and solutions.