Best US science/math grad schools

• Schools
  • Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Grad Schools
In summary, according to US News, the best US grad schools for science and math are Harvard, Berkeley, Princeton, MIT, and Stanford. Other notable schools include Cal Tech and potential specialities include Chemistry, Biology, Earth Sciences, Computer Science, and Statistics. The term "Ivy League" refers to a Northeastern US athletic conference and does not include MIT or Stanford. Congratulations to the person on their recent interview with Princeton.
Physics news on Phys.org
Ok..So Let's start of with Harvard. They have the best science and Math !
But that's an Ivy League school, so if you want a public school, Berkeley. they are good in Chemistry and Bio medical Science.
If you want to Ivy League schools though, you have Princeton, MIT and Stanford. But, you might also find Cal Tech interesting. They are very good at half of this things.

P.S. I have an interview with Princeton next week. :)

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Ignis Radiis said:
Ok..So Let's start of with Harvard. They have the best science and Math !
But that's an Ivy League school, so if you want a public school, Berkeley. they are good in Chemistry and Bio medical Science.
If you want to Ivy League schools though, you have Princeton, MIT and Stanford. But, you might also find Cal Tech interesting. They are very good at half of this things.

P.S. I have an interview with Princeton next week. :)

Princeton and Harvard are Ivy League schools but MIT and Stanford are not, FYI. The term "Ivy League" refers to an athletic conference comprised of Northeastern US colleges and universities. MIT and Stanford are great, of course, but they do not compete in this athletic conference.

And congrats on the interview!

leright said:
Princeton and Harvard are Ivy League schools but MIT and Stanford are not, FYI. The term "Ivy League" refers to an athletic conference comprised of Northeastern US colleges and universities. MIT and Stanford are great, of course, but they do not compete in this athletic conference.

And congrats on the interview!
OMG True! I just kind of mentally imagines those to be Ivy league even when they are not...ANYWAY. Thanks! The interview was amazing though. It was today!

Great! I am glad it went well. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

leright said:
Great! I am glad it went well. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
I know! It's not like I have enough things to worry about.

1. What are the top ranked science/math grad schools in the US?

According to the latest rankings by US News & World Report, the top 5 science/math grad schools in the US are: Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Stanford University, University of California-Berkeley, California Institute of Technology (Caltech), and Harvard University.

2. What factors should I consider when choosing a science/math grad school?

Some important factors to consider include the school's reputation and ranking, faculty expertise and research opportunities, program curriculum and specialization options, funding and financial aid opportunities, and location and resources available.

3. How competitive is the application process for these grad schools?

The application process for these top grad schools is highly competitive, with acceptance rates ranging from 5-20%. It is important to have a strong academic background, research experience, and letters of recommendation to increase your chances of being accepted.

4. Are there any specific requirements for admission to these grad schools?

Each grad school may have different requirements, but most will require a bachelor's degree in a relevant field, strong undergraduate coursework, and satisfactory GRE scores. Some may also require letters of recommendation, a personal statement, and a resume or CV.

5. Can I apply to multiple grad schools at the same time?

Yes, you can apply to multiple grad schools at the same time. However, it is important to carefully research and consider each school and its requirements before applying to ensure you have the best chance of being accepted to your top choices.