Does Brain Size Determine Intelligence?

• Thread starter EternityMech
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Brain
In summary, there was a study that suggested a correlation between intelligence and physical size, stating that smarter individuals tend to have smaller bodies. The conversation then turned to discussing the size of the participants, with one person measuring in at 19cm. However, the validity of the study was questioned and the link could not be found, leading to the conversation ending with disappointment and disbelief.
EternityMech
Bigger brain, smaller...

so there was a study that said the smarter you are, the smaller you are too.

so my question to all you smart people is, how big are you? I am 19cm

(please answer in cm)

Physics news on Phys.org

EternityMech said:

Could you post a link to that study please??

micromass said:
Could you post a link to that study please??

there was a group of researchers that examined intelligence, there was a youtube video on it but its down now. hold up ill find it.

EternityMech said:
im 19cm

If that study is correct that would make you the smartest person on earth.

Vague, controversial... Trolling?

We need to wait for the OP to post that mainstream scientific study, and no, The Onion or Cracked.com doesn't count. :-p

Evo said:
We need to wait for the OP to post that mainstream scientific study, and no, The Onion or Cracked.com doesn't count. :-p

Don't discriminate against onions :cry:

micromass said:
Don't discriminate against onions :cry:
aww, come here you big onion {{{{hug}}}}

disregardthat said:
If that study is correct that would make you the smartest person on earth.

I believe he means smaller in the pants...

pergradus said:
I believe he means smaller in the pants...

A 19 cm waist is pretty small, but, yeah, he'd still be taller than 19 cm.

That would explain so much...

Those studiers whom published a story like these is a smarthead.

Poor women.

EternityMech said:

so my question to all you smart people is, how big are you? I am 19cm

(please answer in cm)

hmmm interesting premise. I guess this means i am pretty damn stupid :-p

Well there was a group of researchers under or working with Dr. Watson Noble prize winner. and one of them wrote in his book that bigger penis = more testosterone = lower IQ. i can't find any of the links or vids they were taken down sorry guys.

EternityMech said:
i can't find any of the links or vids they were taken down sorry guys.
Say it isn't so!

This isn't Big Foot Forums. Link or it didn't happen.

If the OP can find the study, we can re-open the thread.

FAQ: Does Brain Size Determine Intelligence?

What is the significance of having a bigger brain?

A bigger brain allows for more complex and advanced cognitive abilities, such as problem-solving, decision-making, and creativity. It also allows for a greater capacity for learning and retaining information.

How does a smaller brain impact intelligence?

A smaller brain does not necessarily mean lower intelligence. The size of the brain is just one factor in determining intelligence. Other factors, such as the structure and connectivity of the brain, are also important.

Can a person's brain size change over time?

Yes, a person's brain size can change over time through a process called neuroplasticity. This occurs when the brain adapts and changes in response to new experiences, learning, and environmental factors.

Are there any disadvantages to having a bigger brain?

Having a bigger brain can have some disadvantages, such as a higher risk for neurological disorders like Alzheimer's disease. It can also require more energy and resources to maintain, which may impact overall health and longevity.

Is there a correlation between brain size and intelligence among different species?

There is no conclusive evidence that brain size is directly correlated with intelligence across species. Different species have evolved different brain structures and functions, so it is not accurate to compare brain size alone as a measure of intelligence.