Bittorrent initialization core failed

• Thread starter Clausius2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Core
In summary, the person's computer stopped working after downloading their first file with Bittorrent. They tried reinstalling the program and restoring their system, but neither worked. They asked for any ideas and someone suggested trying a different program or disconnecting USB devices. The person then mentioned using Azureus and another person suggested using legal files instead of warez.
Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Amazing, after downloading my first thing with Bittorrent, this program is not working on my computer anymore. I obtain the error msg:

Initialization Core Failed.

I tried to re-install the program several times, even doing a restoring of my system, but nothing works.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
Was the restore prior to installing it the first time, after you installed it but before you used it or after you downloaded.

If the restore was from before you installed it.
The pgm might have written something to the BIOS memory/sram or the thing you downloaded might have.

If from after then there could be a registry error somewhere.

Also try unpluging ALL USB devices, boot system, then reconnect devices. I've gotten some very peculiar operation lately and this seemed to cure it.
Thought I was in the market for a new Mobo for a bit as the issue was that the BIOS itself would not recognize HDs. Apparently the USB aware BIOS stores information on USB devices and that got corrupted.
I had a second issue where net connectivity disapeared and a non working USB device. Unplugging fixed connectivity and the unrelated device as well.
Might not fix you, but it is an easy test.

Thanks.

I re installed it several times, and after that (since it didn't work) I made a restoring.

I don't have anything connected to USB ports. It's a laptop.

use a different client?

I have installed Azureus now. I think it works.

Thanx

Stop using warez is one solution :wink:

Many legal files are distributed through bit torrent these days, Azureus is the best anyway..

I think bitcomet's better, but azureus works well, yeah.

1. What does "Bittorrent initialization core failed" mean?

When you see the error message "Bittorrent initialization core failed" while using a Bittorrent client, it means that the core software responsible for managing and coordinating your downloads has encountered an error and cannot function properly.

2. Why does Bittorrent initialization core fail?

The Bittorrent initialization core may fail due to a variety of reasons such as incorrect settings, corrupted files, or conflicts with other software on your computer. It can also be caused by network issues or server problems on the side of the torrent tracker.

3. How can I fix the Bittorrent initialization core failure?

There are a few steps you can take to fix the Bittorrent initialization core failure. First, try restarting your Bittorrent client and your internet connection. If that doesn't work, check your settings and make sure they are configured correctly. You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the Bittorrent client. If none of these solutions work, it may be a problem with the torrent itself, so try downloading a different one.

4. Can Bittorrent initialization core failure be prevented?

While it is impossible to completely prevent Bittorrent initialization core failure, there are some steps you can take to minimize the chances of encountering it. This includes regularly updating your Bittorrent client to the latest version, avoiding downloading from suspicious or unreliable sources, and ensuring your internet connection is stable.

5. Is Bittorrent initialization core failure dangerous for my computer?

No, Bittorrent initialization core failure is not dangerous for your computer. It is simply an error that occurs within the Bittorrent client and does not pose any risk to your computer's security or health. However, it can be frustrating and cause interruptions in your downloads.