Books by Milton Freedman and Freidrich Hayek

  • Thread starter Thread starter WiFO215
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Books
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
WiFO215
Messages
417
Reaction score
1
Hi,
I've just begun to realize how woefully ignorant I am about the world in general. In specific, I find I don't know much about banks, taxes, democracy, communism, capitalism and other topics in political science and economics.
This curiosity has been kindled by reading Shaw, whose essays are fantastic, but he seems to be particularly one sided about communism. I'm guessing that anyone who writes about this stuff will tend to be biased at some stage or other. Do you folks have any recommendations on material that I could read to learn about this stuff in general? As indicated, I've already read a bit of Shaw, although it isn't much. I've picked up some books by Milton Freedman and Freidrich Hayek and hopefully will read them this summer.

I've found a course by Yale:
http://oyc.yale.edu/political-science/introduction-to-political-philosophy

Please add!
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Try to watch some videos of khan academy first. They don't only have science lectures, but they also teach some finance and so. I think that would be a nice introduction...
 


micromass said:
Try to watch some videos of khan academy first. They don't only have science lectures, but they also teach some finance and so. I think that would be a nice introduction...

Thanks. I'll look into it.
 


Bump! For those that might still be searching, I found just what I was looking for at the teaching company. (www.teach12.com) The courses are a tad on the expensive side but are really really good! For armchair economists like me, these are perfect.