Books for Preparation of competitive Exams

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 7K views
Dr. Physics
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Hi friends this is my first post on PF. I see their is some undiscovered resource in Forum.
I am appearing for exams like BIT-SAT, AIEEE and Advanced Placement and A-Levels.
I need those books which can make concepts clear in Physics from scratch or at intermediate level. And also for Maths which include Inverse Trignometric Functions and the most important Calculus. You can also suggest me some Pre-Calculus resources.I need this resource so that I can master the topic in minimum time as possible.
I hope this would help me.
I have the following books available right now for physics.
1. I E Irodov
2. Fundamentals of Physics by Resnick, Halliday and Walkar.
I uses these two books to strengthen by concepts and problem solving ability.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
hc verma in physics is good,op tandon in physical and inorganic chem... and arihant in organic chemistry,ml khanna and rd sharma in mathematics
 
not again that. They don't explain things clearly but good as well.
 
You can try sl looney in trignometry and coordinate geometry n higher algebra by hall and knight and calculus by ia maron,
 
I bought I A Maron Calculus and also I E Irodov for general physics problems.
I was able to solve about 30% of total sum and the rest were getting much harder.
Do you know the best book for solving I E Irodov Problems, I don't want the solution set but the problem solving strategies.
 
Then buy interactive physics,it teaches application of concepts,solve hc verma problems first then switch to ie irodov + you can also try morrision and boyd or solomon in organic ,jd lee in inorganic chemistry and peter atkhins in physical part