Books for Ultrafast Optics career

In summary, the speaker is a student studying Photonics and is interested in ultrafast optics, particularly in attosecond optics. They are looking for book recommendations to supplement their more engineering-focused course. They have found some books on Amazon but are seeking advice from Physics Forums users for more valuable recommendations.
KabaT
I am studying Photonics and currently I am on my third semester of undergraduate studies. I am interested in ultrafast optics and mostly in attosecond optics to study electron's in atoms and other fundamental quantum mechanical phenomena. As my course is more engineering oriented than I would like I set on a quest to learn everything else I need by myself.

Could you please tell me what the best books are but not only for the ultrafast optics but also books that I should read before I touch those on ultrafast optics?

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

I have found some books on Amazon with positive reviews but I wanted to hear from Physics Forums users as I think it would be more valuable piece of advice which books should I read.

1. What are the best books for learning about Ultrafast Optics?

The top books recommended for learning about Ultrafast Optics include "Ultrafast Optics" by Andrew Weiner, "Femtosecond Laser Pulses: Principles and Experiments" by Claude Rulliere and "Ultrafast Optics and Spectroscopy" by Markus Drescher and Thomas Elsässer.

2. Are there any books specifically focused on Ultrafast Optics careers?

Yes, "Careers in Ultrafast Optics" by Jason Jones and "Ultrafast Lasers: Technology and Applications" by Martin E. Fermann and Ingmar Hartl both provide insights into career opportunities in the field of Ultrafast Optics.

3. Can you recommend any books for beginners in Ultrafast Optics?

For beginners, "Introduction to Ultrafast Optics" by Andrew Weiner and "Ultrafast Laser Physics" by Peter Schaaf are both excellent choices. These books provide a solid foundation and understanding of the principles of Ultrafast Optics.

4. Are there any books that cover both theory and practical applications of Ultrafast Optics?

Yes, "Ultrafast Optics" by Andrew Weiner and "Ultrafast Lasers: Technology and Applications" by Martin E. Fermann and Ingmar Hartl both cover both the theoretical principles and practical applications of Ultrafast Optics.

5. Are there any online resources or supplemental materials that accompany these books?

Yes, many of these books have accompanying websites or online resources that provide additional materials such as practice problems, simulations, and videos to enhance the learning experience. Be sure to check the publisher's website or the author's personal website for these resources.