Breakthrough in modern technology

• Thread starter Jonny_trigonometry
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Technology
In summary, a video showcasing a supposed real working retro encabulator has been circulating. The conversation includes reactions of disbelief and amusement as well as admiration for the supposed technical specifications mentioned in the video. However, some are questioning if it is real or just a clever parody. The conversation also mentions a potential release date for the encabulator and a favorite moment from the video.
Jonny_trigonometry
My GOD! this is insane! they actually made a real working retro encabulator!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2081189882805593268 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
:rofl: That's funny. What a load of BS! Logarithmic casing!

Oh man, this is priceless.

Some day I hope I can illustrate my explanations with such persuasive, articulate hand gestures.

ro_laforge.jpg

Captain, our 'Unilateral phase detractors are automatically capable of synchronizing cardio gram-meters!' Power is not generated by the relative motion of conductors and fluxes, but is produced by the modial of magneto reluctance and capacitive duractance!'

:rofl:

Those thieving bastards! I invented that thing ten years ago and never got to patent it because I couldn't find a backer. :grumpy:

If they haven't seen it, the guys at Rockwell are going to love this.

It definitely sounds like one of their sales pitches!

Differential girdlespring? Drawn reciprocation dingle arm? Awesome! I want one!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I wonder what % of the population would think that this is legit and just have no clue what the person is talking about. Man, that was an awesome parody.

moose said:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I wonder what % of the population would think that this is legit and just have no clue what the person is talking about. Man, that was an awesome parody.
Oh, this is not real?

:wink:

Maybe it's real maybe it isn't. but if they've really managed to get 6 hydrocoptic marzyl veins feeted to the ambithazion lunar wang shaft they are genius, because every single retro encabulator I've come across has suffered from terrible side fumbling.

brewnog said:
Differential girdlespring? Drawn reciprocation dingle arm? Awesome! I want one!
It's supposed to be available April 1st :biggrin:

My favourite bit was his description of how 'side-fumbling was effectively prevented'.

What is considered a "breakthrough" in modern technology?

A breakthrough in modern technology is a significant advancement or development that changes the way society functions or solves a problem in a new and innovative way. It often involves the use of new materials, processes, or ideas that push the boundaries of what was previously thought possible.

How do scientists determine if a technology is a breakthrough?

Scientists determine if a technology is a breakthrough by evaluating its impact and potential for widespread use. They look at how it solves a problem, the level of innovation and novelty, and how it compares to existing technologies. Additionally, peer review and scientific consensus play a crucial role in determining the significance of a breakthrough.

What are some examples of recent breakthroughs in modern technology?

Some recent breakthroughs in modern technology include the development of self-driving cars, the use of CRISPR gene editing for medical treatments, the creation of reusable rockets for space travel, and the advancement of artificial intelligence and machine learning.

How do breakthroughs in modern technology impact society?

Breakthroughs in modern technology have a significant impact on society as they often lead to improved efficiency, increased convenience, and new opportunities. They can also bring about social and ethical changes, such as the debate around the use of AI and automation in the workforce.

What challenges do scientists face in developing breakthrough technologies?

Scientists face various challenges in developing breakthrough technologies, including limited funding and resources, ethical considerations, and potential risks and consequences. They also have to overcome technical barriers and work through trial and error to perfect their ideas and inventions.