1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Building a sensor and making measurements

1. Dec 18, 2005 #1
    Hey for a project, i have to build a sensor of any sort, and then make loads of measurements to see how accurate it is ect, what do you think would be a good sensor to build. it needs to be complex but not extreme!! i am in 6th form takes A.s physics! any ideas would be greatfull.

thanks alex!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 20, 2005 #2

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Here's a great resource:

http://www.discovercircuits.com

Click on "Schematics" (menu bar near the top) and you will see an alphebetized list of circuit diagrams. There are many entries under "S: Sensors".

Start by thumbing through those, and feel free to let us know which one you've chosen and if you need more help.

4. Dec 21, 2005 #3
    how would i go about making one of these circuits, im what you might say a newbee lol, please help!!!

thankyou

5. Dec 22, 2005 #4

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well obviously you will need to get the circuit elements, the wires, a power supply, and a breadboard, right?

Then why did you put this in Advanced Physics?

I'm moving it to Introductory Physics...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?