Building a VHF receiver 108-136 Mhz

  • Thread starter Thread starter Charybda
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Building Receiver
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
31 replies · 69K views
You don't need to be a member of the ARRL to buy their books. You should be able to look through their online store and buy whatever you want.

I would also suggest QRZ.com and their online swapmeet. A lot of good stuff on there, and there's always books and other information being passed around.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
radio_newb said:
Next...HAM radio :P But not till I can afford some of the real gear..and a license, and and and ... Thanks again Berkeman

Only $14 to take the exam. Basic electronics knowledge and a few rules and you should be able to get your first license (Technician) without a problem. Once you do, best of luck studying. I would highly recommend the online practice exams (again, QRZ.com has those).

As a VE, I would highly recommend when you go and take your exam to keep taking the exams until you fail. It doesn't cost anymore and you never know. I.E. pass your Technician, tell them you want to take the General.

Best of luck!