Burst Pipe Causes Unexpected Adventure in My Garden

  • Thread starter Thread starter wolram
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    garden Pipe
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
44 replies · 11K views
Math Is Hard said:
Mmmmm! You know, if Wolly will just drill a bit deeper he might strike syrup. My grandpa had several maple syrup wells on his property back in Texas. I remember going out to the well with grandpa on cold winter mornings when I was a kid. I used to bring my little bucket along and I was so proud that I got to help with breakfast by bringing back fresh syrup for the table. It was so delicious. Not like the store-bought stuff, at all.

I knew they drilled for sweet crude oil there in Texas---so the syrup wells must not far away?
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
rewebster said:
I knew they drilled for sweet crude oil there in Texas---so the syrup wells must not far away?
I always thought the syrup came from trees, shows how little I know. :wink:
 
Math Is Hard said:
Mmmmm! You know, if Wolly will just drill a bit deeper he might strike syrup. My grandpa had several maple syrup wells on his property back in Texas. I remember going out to the well with grandpa on cold winter mornings when I was a kid. I used to bring my little bucket along and I was so proud that I got to help with breakfast by bringing back fresh syrup for the table. It was so delicious. Not like the store-bought stuff, at all.


I am one of a few people allowed down Ken Dods jam butty mine, most people do not even know where it is.
 
I found this 'artist's rendition' of the well just outside Hershey Pennsylvania:

http://www.ironrealms.com/forge_images/oilwell.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's false spaghetti, Pasta pseudospaghetti, the real spaghetti can be discerned by the uniform length of the individual stalks, as a result of centuries of careful breeding:

_38910395_spaghetti238.jpg
 
Last edited:
rewebster said:
I knew they drilled for sweet crude oil there in Texas---so the syrup wells must not far away?
Syrup-wells are low-yield in Maine, which is why we rely on the maple trees to collect the sap from the ground, and then steal it from them. We did have some productive inkwells that provided reliable employment until the '60s when BIC and Papermate put them all out of business.
 
turbo-1 said:
rewebster said:
I knew they drilled for sweet crude oil there in Texas---so the syrup wells must not far away?

Syrup-wells are low-yield in Maine, which is why we rely on the maple trees to collect the sap from the ground, and then steal it from them. We did have some productive inkwells that provided reliable employment until the '60s when BIC and Papermate put them all out of business.

Yes, they learned that trick from the south Europeans, who collect the crude oil from olive trees.
 
Andre said:
Yes, they learned that trick from the south Europeans, who collect the crude oil from olive trees.


Then they let it ferment, turn greenish in order to get extra virgin crude oil. I understand that this proudct is never exported to France...
 
wolram said:
I do not care one bit if i get crumbs in my unpool.

The digging guys have not come back yet which is a shame, i was looking forwards to having some fun, hey mate i saw water seeping here last night.

did they find the cracked pipe?
 
well--I just had some fun with my own 'leak'

the sprayer on my kitchen faucet quit spraying--went online to the company's website to find the repair/fix---followed the instructions---however, when removing the diverter, the threading holding the diverter in place (inside the body of the faucet) broke. The bad thing is one of the shut off's doesn't shut off all the way--so, I now have a bucket under the sink until I put the new faucet in.

The domino effect of Murphy's law.
 
rewebster said:
did they find the cracked pipe?


They have filled one hole and left the other, i have not seen them as i work nights,
may be they think the water will evaporate away.
 
or drain back into the pipe

(is the pipe for drinking water?)