LowlyPion said:
Why you hang on some notion of required journalistic behavior in a country that has hardly had much of a tradition for an unfettered press in its entire history is a little much.
You can't say:
"I don't think anyone here is excusing the reporter"
and then say:
"Why you hang on some notion of required journalistic behavior in a country that has hardly had much of a tradition for an unfettered press in its entire history is a little much."
The implication of the second sentence contradicts the first sentence. So because Iraq has has unfettered press throughout its history, that means its to be expected that heads of state are
assulted? Are you implying that I am being too demanding that a iraqi reporter know better than to assualt another head of state?
Are you joking me? Are you seriously going to make this argument?
As much as I don't like Bush, no one.
NO ONE, is allowed to assult the president. Under no circumstancse. Ever.
If you disagree with him, voice your opinion and have protests and run against him. No one has any right to try and harm him. The president is more than just a person, he is a symbol of the nation.
I think you guys don't see why what he did is really bad because you're not middle eastern. Think of it this way, suppose he ran up to Bush and slapped him in the face, or spit in his face. It wouldn't be 'oh he just threw a shoe at him' anymore.