Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

[C#] Console.WriteLine Debugging

1. Jul 4, 2013 #1
    Hi,
    how can I debug the C# command Console.WriteLine("text"); so I can see what windows operating system code gets called? Is it possible to go to lower levels? Ie. see what code gets called to make the pixels light up on your monitor to display the text?

I know that's really low level, and probably a lot of you are thinking why would anyone want to know that. But someone must have worked it out, and I'm curious to see how it works.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 7, 2013 #2

CompuChip

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  4. Jul 8, 2013 #3
    The problem you are probably going to run into is that you will quickly get to library code (already compiled) as at best you will be able to see the header files for that code. Even you want to start looking at the libraries you will have to do that in assembly and it will be painful, but if you have Visual Studio they probably have a tool that will let you do it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook