Calculate how much water i need to raise air humidity

In summary, the conversation discusses the calculation of water needed for air humidity to create condensate and the attempt to find a formula to calculate the rate of water evaporation in a given situation. The individual is also seeking assistance in calculating the amount of time it will take for water levels in their aquarium to reach a critical point.
Taftarat
Good day,

i am trying to calculate how much water i need to raise air humidity for condensate to apear. i use formula from psychrometric chart :

humidity ratio g/kg * volume(m3)/volume m3/kg = volume of water needed.

(18-15)*0.032/0.86=0.112g

so as i understand i need 0.112g of water to evaporate for condensate to apear.

then i tryed looking for formula to calculate how fast water evaporates in my given situation (water temp 24 celcius, vind speed 1-3m/s, area of water 0.16 m2, room temp 23 celcius, room relative humidity 60-85), and i faild... can anyone give me a hand with this one?

i am trying to calculate how much time do i have for water level in my aquarium to reach critical point.

thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
There is no indication given of how the evaporation calculation was carried out or why it failed.

1. How do I calculate the amount of water needed to raise air humidity?

The formula for calculating the amount of water needed to raise air humidity is: Water needed (in mL) = (target humidity - current humidity) x room volume (in cubic meters) x 1000 (to convert cubic meters to liters) x humidity constant (varies based on room temperature and desired humidity level).

2. What is the humidity constant and how do I determine it?

The humidity constant is a value that takes into account the temperature and desired humidity level of a room. It is typically provided in tables or charts, or you can use an online calculator to determine it.

3. Do I need any special tools or equipment to calculate the amount of water needed?

No, you do not need any special tools or equipment. You will need a measuring cup or scale to accurately measure the water, but the formula can be calculated using basic math.

4. Can I use this formula for any room size and humidity level?

Yes, this formula can be used for any room size and humidity level. However, it is important to note that the accuracy of the formula may vary depending on the specific conditions of the room.

5. Is there a maximum amount of water I can add to raise air humidity?

Yes, there is a maximum amount of water that can be added to a room to raise the air humidity. This is typically determined by the size and ventilation of the room. Adding too much water can lead to excessive humidity, which can cause mold and other issues. It is important to monitor and adjust the humidity levels accordingly.