Calculate Mass of 1L Ice @ -2°C: Density x Volume x Temperature

  • Thread starter Thread starter Isho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Chemistry
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Isho
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



If the density of ice at -2 Degrees Celsius is 0.917 g cm to the power of negative cubed (-3), what would be the mass of 1 litre of ice at this temperature ?


Homework Equations



None ? I'm guessing H = M x C x T though?

The Attempt at a Solution



I cannot attempt it. I was absent when My class did it so I have no idea how to do it. Can someone maybe explain to me how?

Much appreciated! Thanks.


P.S. I'm new here :). As I'm nearing my completion of High School (1 year and 1 month to go) I'll be more active in forums like these. Hi!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What is definition of density? What is a litre? How is it related to 1 mL? To 1 cm3?

--
methods