Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculate Specific Heat Capacity HELP

1. Sep 27, 2011 #1
    Calculate Specific Heat Capacity HELP!!!

Hi guys,

I having big troubles with how to calculate the specific heat (cp) for refrigerant r134a i gas phase.
    I think that assuming ideal gas behavior is a bad idea since this is going to be used in a actual system...

I have values of entropy, enthalpy, temperature etc for the region where the refrigerant is in gas-phase.

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Andreas

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 27, 2011 #2
    Re: Calculate Specific Heat Capacity HELP!!!

how would you like to give the specific problem? but just a reminder,we are not allowed to post assignments here. doing it your way first will deliver you to close answer. start the computation so everyone could help you in some parts, but not totally, get me?

4. Oct 3, 2011 #3
    Re: Calculate Specific Heat Capacity HELP!!!

Hi sorry for late answer. It's not an assignment it's a part of my Master Thesis. Thermodynamics is not my best field and that's why I posted this question. I need to calculate the specific heat capacity for refirgerant R-134a in three different phases; gas-phase, two-phase and liquid-phase. I havn't found any equation that can help me so I'm kind of stuck. I've got a table with enthalpy, pressure, temperature etc to help me.

Hope you understand my problem better know. Thanks in advance!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook