Calculate total destruction OF NUCLEAR BOMB

In summary: Effects_of_nuclear_explosionsIn summary, the article discusses what formula one needs to calculate the area of total destruction caused by a nuclear bomb. The article also discusses how much TNT is necessary for a bomb to have to cause a total destruction of 150 km in diameter. It is unclear if the yield of the bomb would have increased if it was constructed as originally designed. It is also mentioned that the purpose of determining the yield of a bomb is impractical.
maghilani
i need to calculate the volume of total destruction of a nuclear bomb

its like here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tsar_Bomba_Paris.png

what formula i need to use to calculate area of total destruction
zar bomb already has some infos : 50MT tnt = 35km total destruction (detonation height 4km nn)

formula must be complicated enough that i didnt found it on google, and i know that nuclear services of those countries that have nuclear weapons have experts which calculate its power precisely and i need only approximating formula

how much MT TNT does a bomb need (with usual construction circumstances(usual material which is used for nuclear bomb, like zar bomb/trinity)) to reach a total destruction of 150km in diameter?

if i calculate it my way then it wouldn't be correct

how much TNT for 150km of TOTAL DESTRUCTION

(i give u software for not commenting on my writing style)

Engineering news on Phys.org
maghilani said:
i need to calculate the volume of total destruction of a nuclear bomb
Better to use smart weapon with non nuclear warhead might to kill only bad guys.
Joke.

Here is a description of the Tzar Bomba test
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba#The_test

One comment indicates a destructive radius of ~34 mi (~54 km), or a diameter of 68 mi (~108 km). The bomb yield was apparently reduced to reduce fallout. So apparently, if it had been constructed as orginially designed, it's destructive range would have increased.

What is the point of determining a yield of a larger bomb? It seems rather impractical.

clancy688 said:
You know, smart bombs are very, very smart and accurate... they always hit the ground.
That's right, but the matter is the target located on that hitting point or no
I never heard for last years that Western allies’ countries (NATO, etc.) are developing now new nukes. I think this is because existing nuke weapons answer their demands.
But at the same time they actively develop very accurate weapons with conventional warheads.

Last edited:

1. How is the total destruction of a nuclear bomb calculated?

The total destruction of a nuclear bomb is calculated by considering several factors such as the type and yield of the bomb, the distance from the blast, and the surrounding terrain. Scientists use mathematical models and computer simulations to estimate the size of the blast, the extent of thermal radiation, and the amount of radioactive fallout.

2. What is the formula for calculating the total destruction of a nuclear bomb?

The formula for calculating the total destruction of a nuclear bomb is complex and involves various variables such as the bomb's yield, distance from the blast, and atmospheric conditions. The most commonly used formula is the NUKEMAP equation, which takes into account the bomb's yield, distance, and terrain to estimate the destruction radius and the number of casualties.

3. Is there a standard measure for the total destruction caused by a nuclear bomb?

No, there is no standard measure for the total destruction caused by a nuclear bomb. The amount of destruction depends on several variables, and different models and equations can provide different estimates. Additionally, the extent of destruction can also vary depending on the type and design of the bomb itself.

4. Can the total destruction of a nuclear bomb be accurately predicted?

While scientists and experts can make fairly accurate predictions about the total destruction caused by a nuclear bomb, it is impossible to predict the exact extent of destruction. This is because various factors such as weather conditions, terrain, and the size and yield of the bomb can affect the final outcome.

5. How does the total destruction of a nuclear bomb compare to other types of explosions?

The total destruction caused by a nuclear bomb is significantly higher than any other conventional explosion. The energy released by a nuclear bomb is equivalent to millions of tons of TNT, making it much more destructive than any other conventional bomb or explosion. The effects of a nuclear bomb can also spread over a larger area and cause long-lasting damage due to radioactive fallout.